Job Posting: Program Coordinator, Professional Immigrant Networks (PINs) Program; One Year Maternity Leave Contract
The Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC) is a leadership council that creates and champions solutions to better integrate skilled immigrants in the Greater Toronto Region labour market. Council members include employers and stakeholders, such as professional and industry associations, regulatory bodies, educators, community groups, government and immigrant associations. TRIEC programs include The Mentoring Partnership (TMP), work with Professional Immigrant Networks (PINs), the recently-launched Connector program, and the TRIEC Campus.
Professional Immigrant Networks (PINs) are volunteer-run member associations created by and for immigrants that seek to create a forum to contribute to and enrich their respective communities; and provide opportunities for their members to find meaningful employment and achieve their professional goals.
The TRIEC PINs Program provides a platform where PINs associations can collaborate with stakeholders to increase their capacity to connect members to meaningful employment. It involves a range of activities under three objectives: 1) Raise awareness, 2) Foster connections, and 3) Develop leaders.
This is a full-time, one-year contract position. Work hours are generally 9-5, Monday to Friday, but some evening or weekend work may be required. This position reports to the Director, Immigrant Employment Initiatives, and works closely with the PINs Program Assistant and other TRIEC teams.
- Identify outreach and awareness opportunities with immigrant associations, partners and immigrants.
- Carry out outreach and awareness building activities including speaking engagements, presentations, individual meetings, booths at relevant events etc.
- Coordinate logistics and planning for outreach events (i.e. job fairs, immigrant conferences)
- Research and contribute content for regular e-communications (PINs Insider, PINs e-Lert and tweets) led by the PINs Program Assistant and with support of the Communications team
Program Delivery and Event Coordination
Plan, coordinate and deliver capacity building workshops, PINs annual event, networking/employer events and other PINs events (quarterly meetings and consultations) as required including:
- Identify program topics, resource speakers and available venues
- Liaise with speakers, facilitators and venue staff
- Develop content for workshops and events, as needed
- Plan follow up support and next steps as required (e.g. evaluations surveys, additional meetings)
- Collaborate with the PINs Program Assistant and Communications team (when necessary) to support promotion, marketing, and event logistics of each event
- Coordinate with TRIEC program staff to plan content and logistics for PINs workshops and events related to other TRIEC programs and vice versa, as needed
- Supports program related committees and meetings, as needed
Program Coordination and Administration
- Provide support to the Director of Immigrant Employment Initiatives in overall planning, consultations and evaluations related to the PINs program and other IEI initiatives
- Schedule, coordinate, and take minutes for meetings and consultations as needed
- Prepare and compile reports and outcome tracking of program deliverables for TRIEC Board, PINs sponsors and funders with the Director of Immigrant Employment Initiatives and PINs Program Assistant
- Cross-functional team support: Coordinate, support and schedule follow-ups with other TRIEC teams for information sharing, collaboration and other opportunities related to the PINs program
- In collaboration with the Director of Immigrant Employment Initiatives, develop and implement a plan to deepen engagement of PINs associations and partners and further strengthen the PINs community
- Maintain relationships, manage and liaise with multiple stakeholders including: current and potential PINs associations and partners, vendors, student placements and other interested individuals or organizations
- Website Management and Communications
- With the support of the PINs Program Assistant and Communications team, manage, moderate and coordinate content and online communications of the PINs online communities (PINs website and LinkedIn group)
- Maintain regular communication with PINs leaders and partners (e.g. sharing event and resource info, job postings, opportunities to engage)
- In conjunction with the IT Manager, monitor and manage the PINs website and identify any technical issues
- Provide PINs orientation, onboarding and website training to new users from PINs associations and partner organizations
- Maintain PINs contact database and mailing lists with support from the PINs Program Assistant (Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Drupal and Eventbrite)
- All TRIEC staff work cooperatively to support each other’s responsibilities where possible.
- Three or more years of relevant experience, preferably including one to two years’ experience in a program coordination role
- Strong written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong event coordination and logistics skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, the ability to work with all levels of staff and various external stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity-building approach to community engagement
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and the ability to pick up new technology quickly, including databases and web content management systems
- Familiarity with Salesforce database is preferred
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Interest in and commitment to immigrant employment issues
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an electronic resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format. Please include a cover letter and resume in a single file with your name in the file name and how you found out about this position. Please use “Program Coordinator, PINs – your name” as the subject line of your e-mail. Applicants who do not follow these formatting instructions may be disqualified.
Resumes must be received by 10:00 am on Monday, March 30, 2015.
Please e-mail your application to: email@example.com
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
TRIEC is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise TRIEC of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.