Home > Social Media Basics
Social Media Basics
Date: June 4, 2015
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: Centre for Social Innovation 215 Spadina Avenue, Toronto
Who should attend:
Network leaders, General public
Who might be interested in this event?
Before you can leverage the power of social media for your business, you need to understand what it is and how it works. In this fun and interactive class, you will learn the basics of Facebook and Twitter – the core platforms of social media today. You will learn how to set up a Facebook business page and a Twitter account, and discover the meaning behind a “like”, “share”, and retweet. Become more comfortable with hashtags, learn who to follow, and how to start growing your social media presence.
Note: Laptop computers are not required for this class, but you’re welcome to bring one if you’d like to follow along.
Included in the Workshop:
- high quality instruction by a Social Media specialist
- small class size
- a digital reference guide
- complimentary coffee and tea
- goodie bag full of fun Camp Tech swag
- official recognition for your participation (that you can share on LinkedIn or your resume)
June 3, 2015
Contact details for the event: