Home > Lessons from Immigrant Entrepreneurs + Social Media for Small Business
Lessons from Immigrant Entrepreneurs + Social Media for Small Business
Date: January 8, 2015
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: Northern District Library, 40 Orchard View Boulevard, Toronto, ON M4R 1B9
Who should attend:
1) Lessons from Immigrant Entrepreneurs
Starting a business is never easy but doing it in a new country can be a real challenge! This session will feature a panel of immigrant entrepreneurs who will share their experiences starting businesses in Canada.
Discussion will include:
- How to find new customers
- Overcoming cultural barriers
- Where to find regulatory information
- How to get help for your start-up
The session will be facilitated by Aimee Holmes, Manager of Employment Services at ACCES Employment. Join us for a stimulating discussion about immigrant entrepreneurship!
2) Social Media DIY Workshop for Small Businesses
Are you ready to take your business to the next level?
In the E-Commerce and Web 3.0 Mobile Era the corporate website and Social Media accounts are the most valuable Digital Marketing assets your company has to gain brand awareness; reach potential customers; engage and gain the loyalty of current clients; redirect traffic to your website and increase sells. But with so many platforms out there, which are the best options for my business?
In this 45-minute presentation you will learn:
- The benefits and importance of having an online Social Media strategy
- From “consumer” to “prosumer”...the changes in the behaviour of the audiences
- Getting started: Steps to create a Social Media Plan
- How to craft your messages for maximum exposure and engagement
- How to combine Social Media with other Digital Marketing strategies
- Best practices: Do’s and Don’ts
- Social Media trends for 2015, and much more!
Facilitator: Aída Ulloa is Manager and Digital Marketing Consultant at ANIMA CREATIVE, a Toronto based boutique agency that provides consulting and training services in: offline and online Marketing and Communication strategies; Product Marketing (Supply Chain Management); Public Relations and Copywriting. ANIMA CREATIVE’s Digital Marketing services include: Social Media and Website management, Search Engine Optimization and Advertising campaigns.
January 8, 2015
Registration is required.
Contact details for the event:
Gerard Keledjian, email@example.com