Home > Engineering Insight: Fluid Power Systems
Engineering Insight: Fluid Power Systems
Date: October 14, 2015
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: 1170 Sheppard Ave. W, Unit 15. Toronto
Who should attend:
Network leaders, General public
Who might be interested in this event?
Organized by:Association of Romanian Engineers in Canada (AREC)
Pneumatic Systems & Components
Purpose of Seminar:
Being able to understand, design, operate, maintain and troubleshoot pneumatic systems and equipment and starts with simply understanding how and why all the various components work. We will provide you the basic building blocks and information you need to become proficient in working with industrial and automation and controls systems.
Who should attend this Seminar?
This seminar is open to everybody who wants to attend but, will be beneficial to anyone who is involved with pneumatic system design, engineering, production, controls, maintenance, inspection reports and troubleshooting working for engineering firms, industrial plants, automation, pneumatic distributors, utilities or commercial facilities.
Seminar Outline / Agenda
1. Overview of pneumatic systems: applications, industries, advantages/disadvantages
2. Pneumatic Systems: Identify pneumatic components and their schematic symbols
3. Pressure, flow, torque, loads in pneumatic systems
4. Select the correct components: compressor, receiver reservoir, pumps, motors, valves, manifolds, actuators, FRLs and piping to obtain desired results
5. Select air pumps, valves, FRLs, hose, fittings, safety and instrumentation components (pressure/flow/temperature gages, switches & transmitters)
6. Diagnose common air systems & components problems
7. Filtration, condensation and contamination in air systems
8. Pneumatic most common brands: Parker, Festo, SMC, Numatics, Norgren, Mac
9. Open questions session
10. Hydraulic oils: brands, types, available sizes, handling, safe disposal
11. Basic Troubleshooting of Hyd. Syst.: Noisy, Cavitations, No System Pressure, Erratic Actuators, Run Hot, Leaks
12. Hydraulic most common brands: Parker(Denison, Waterman), Eaton, Vickers, Rexroth-Bosch, Hydac, Sauer-Danfoss, Yuken, Daman, Lynch, Haldex, White, ITT etc.
13. Open questions session
AREC and other PINs members - Free
Non-PINs members: $5
October 12, 2015
Contact details for the event:
Register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line the number of participants attending