Home > Diversity@Work 2015 - Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Conference
Diversity@Work 2015 - Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Conference
Date: February 19, 2015
Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: The Cathedral Centre 65 Church St Toronto, ON M5C 2E9
Who should attend:
Network leaders, General public
Who might be interested in this event?
We are pleased to announce our 6th annual Diversity@Work conference :
Exploring the Complexities of Diversity : Age, Gender, Culture and Competencies
In its 6th year, the Diversity@Work Conference brings to light the true value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace showcasing diversity in its full complexity and re-discovering it from new angles. This year’s conference will bring together 275 attendees and speakers with a focus on Exploring the Complexities of Diversity: Age, Gender, Culture and Competencies.
Our speakers include diversity, equity, inclusion &human resource leaders from corporate Canada, legal experts and thought-leaders who are tackling the big questions of the business and social case for diversity. Speakers will share their knowledge and perspectives – with an emphasis on the ways that they have brought about changes in perception and culture – and made diversity a key element of their organization’s success.
Diversity is about identifying, respecting and appreciating various difference. Our 2015 conference will evaluate how workplace diversity could be beneficial for all: businesses, employees and broader community with a focus on age, gender, culture and competencies:
- Age: Dealing with age discrimination, and age stereotypes, issues of gender, cultural diversity in aging, intergenerational conflict, women and aging in the workplace
- Gender: Insightful analysis and discussion on Gender, Gender Fluidity, CisGender Privilege and Trans issues
- Culture: Exploring excellence in culturally inclusive services, issues of diversity within diversity
Format: The conference will consist of presentations, panel discussions and break-out workshops. Conference attendees will be invited to choose from 8 concurrent workshops and presentations which are designed to designed to highlight current trends in research, latest resources and showcase contemporary initiatives in equity, diversity and inclusion around age, gender, culture and diversity competencies.
Outcomes: Skills for Change will document our findings and disseminate them to a wider audience via social media, newsletters and other outreach initiatives.
Approved for HRPA CEU Credits, this conference will be of interest to:
- Diversity and HR professionals who want to develop or strengthen diversity initiatives
- Managers who have responsibility for employee professional development
- Internationally educated professionals who are interested in learning about new and innovative approaches to diversity in the workplace
- Anyone who is interested in hearing first-hand about experiences with diversity in the workplace and innovative approaches to recruitment and employee retention
February 18, 2015
Contact details for the event: