Creating a presence on Facebook for your Non-Profit
Date: May 29, 2012
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Who should attend:
Are you looking to integrate Facebook with your nonprofit’s online presence and use Facebook to better connect with key constituents?
Register for this session and learn the following topics:
- How do I get started on Facebook?
- How do I get buy-and support from my board and executive team?
- Understanding Facebook terminology: LIkes, Friends, Subscribers, Apps, Timeline
- Setting up your organization’s Facebook Timeline
- Using Facebook to engage supporters
- Facebook Case Study
- Get your Facebook presence setup correctly the first time
- Understand Facebook Timeline for brands
- Engage with your existing supporters and use Facebook for peer-to-peer fundraising
- Reach new supporters via a medium they are already using
Bio: Kara Golani is a self-professed social media, nonprofit, and technology enthusiast who thrives on innovation. She joined the CanadaHelps team in early 2012 to help facilitate the development of the MyCharityConnects program, which aims to build capacity in the charitable sector by helping Canadian nonprofits learn about social media, online fundraising, and new technology. Prior to joining the team at CanadaHelps, Kara worked in Communications and Fundraising roles at various mid-sized Canadian non-profit organizations, including theAllergy/Asthma Information Association, COSTI Immigrant Services, and the Peel HIV/AIDS Network. Kara is passionate about the nonprofit sector and in her spare time, she volunteers with a number of local and national organizations.
Kara holds a B.A. in English from York University and is working towards a Corporate Communications Certificate at Humber College.
May 22, 2012
Contact details for the event:
Doug Bastien - firstname.lastname@example.org