Best Practices for Website Accessibility
Date: February 8, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: 639 Queen Street West, 3rd Floor, Toronto
Who should attend:
Who might be interested in this event?
A11Y, AODA, WCAG A/AA/AAA, WAI-ARIA... huh? Ensuring that your website is accessible to everyone (including those with disabilities) is an important part of doing business online, but sometimes it's hard to know where to start. In this new hands-on workshop, you'll discover best practices for web accessibility as we discuss what to consider and why. You'll learn what all those acronyms mean and what level of compliance your organization needs for Ontario's AODA legislation. We'll go over ways to ensure everyone can access your website's content, and how to test your website for accessibility red flags and warnings.
Note: Laptop computers are required for this class.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
- high quality instruction by a professional web developer
- small class size
- a digital website accessibility reference guide
- complimentary coffee and tea
- goodie bag full of fun Camp Tech swag
- a chance for you to network with other business owners and marketing professionals
- official recognition for your participation (that you can share on LinkedIn or your resume)
February 7, 2017
Contact details for the event:
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org